Books, cats and fine wine are the best things in life.

Facebook

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Review: White Chalk by Pavarti K. Tyler

5:30 PM Posted by Unknown 1 comment
White ChalkWhite Chalk by Pavarti K. Tyler
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Which did you find more appealing, the introduction or the conclusion? Appealing isn't the right word. The introduction was the run of the mill meet the the characters but the conclusion, that was powerful and sucked me in. And I mean the kind of conclusion that stays with you everytime you see your child or grandchild go to school.

Is the plot well-developed? Yes. This is one of the best plots I've seen in a long time. The author has taken an issue that teenagers face everyday and painted it with the worst-case scenario.

Describe what is happening in the first part of the book. Chelle talks about Troy and about her classmates. She mentions Mr.Harris which of course makes you think there's something special but nothing prepares you for what happens later on.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your review of White Chalk! I'm blown away. I'm glad to hear what you said about the plot. That means a lot to me as an author.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive